Submit a Manuscript
We are always on the lookout for the next great story. Have you written something that you’d like us to consider for publication? Please see our submission guidelines.
Freelance Editorial Work
We regularly use freelance editors, copy editors, proofreaders, and fact-checkers. If you are an editor interested in working with us, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In our standard internship program, editorial interns assist with submissions of young adult and middle grade books, including helping to review initial submission materials and evaluating selected full manuscripts. Under the leadership of the managing editor, editorial interns will be trained in how to review submissions based on imprint wish lists and other requirements. Interns are also encouraged to ask questions and expand their knowledge of the publishing industry. All work is performed remotely. This is an unpaid position.
Our spring internship runs from March 1 to August 31. Applications are due January 31, and interviews with select applicants will take place in early February.
Our fall internship runs from September 1 to February 28. Applications are due July 31, and interviews with select applicants will take place in early August.
- Graduated with or currently pursuing a major in Creative Writing or English
- Strong familiarity with young adult and/or middle grade fiction
- Experience reviewing submissions or working on a literary selection committee
- Quick and thorough reader
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Self-motivated personality
- Access to a computer with an Internet connection
- Proficiency with Google Drive
How to Apply
Email a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Make sure to put Internship Application as the subject line.
In your cover letter, tell us about your favorite young adult or middle grade book and why you liked it.