FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ST. PAUL, MN, February 20, 2020 – Flux, an imprint of North Star Editions, Inc. (NSE) is excited to announce the September 15, 2020 release of Surrender Your Sons by debut author Adam Sass. Surrender Your Sons is a YA thriller about a group of queer teens fighting for their lives at a secret conversion therapy camp.
More about Surrender Your Sons:
Connor Major’s summer break is turning into a nightmare.
His SAT scores bombed, the old man he delivers meals to died, and when he came out to his religious zealot mother, she had him kidnapped and shipped off to a secluded island. His final destination: Nightlight Ministries, a conversion therapy camp that will be his new home until he “changes.”
But Connor’s troubles are only beginning. At Nightlight, everyone has something to hide from the campers to the “converted” staff and cagey camp director, and it quickly becomes clear that no one is safe. Connor plans to escape and bring the other kidnapped teens with him. But first, he’s exposing the camp’s horrible truths for what they are— and taking this place down.
- ”I cried and laughed and found so many versions of myself in these pages.” –Garrard Conley, New York Times best-selling author of Boy Erased
- “Layered and gripping, Surrender Your Sons is at once a haunting thriller, a celebration of queer resilience, and a profound look at the strength required to love oneself and break the cycle of trauma.”
–Caleb Roehrig, author of Last Seen Leaving and The Fell of Dark
- “An edge-of-your-seat queer adventure story so full of twists and turns that it’s not until we catch our breath that we come to realize the depth of the story we’ve just been told.” –Abdi Nazemian, author of Like a Love Story and The Authentics
- “Edgy, thrilling, and deeply resonant, Surrender Your Sons is a powerful story of queer resistance.”
—Phil Stamper, author of The Gravity of Us
- “A classic adventure novel about the heart of darkness in a homophobic world.” —L.C. Rosen, author of Jack of Hearts (and Other Parts)
Adam Sass began writing books in Sharpie on the backs of Starbucks pastry bags. (He’s sorry it distracted him from making your latte.) Raised in an Illinois farm town, his desire for a creative career took him to Chicago, New York, and currently, Los Angeles. He is a Creative Producer for ATTN:, an issues-driven social media video creator. He interviewed conversion therapy survivors for a video promoting Focus Features’ Boy Erased—it has garnered over 1.6 million views. Find him on Twitter @TheAdamSass Instagram @itsadamsass and adamsassbooks.com.
|Surrender Your Sons by Adam Sass
Publication date: September 15, 2020
Flux publishes diverse young adult fiction. North Star Editions, Inc., publishes fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages that inspires, informs, and entertains. For more information, visit fluxnow.com or northstareditions.com.
For more information contact: Megan Naidl, firstname.lastname@example.org, ph: 651-424-4623 or email@example.com